From the Director:
Welcome to the St. Francis Crèche community! We have an extraordinary preschool. I am so proud to be the Director of St. Francis Crèche. We give tons of love and nurturing to young students and they in turn, give us tremendous joy! I have certainly been blessed to have the privilege of spending each working day with wonderful, young children.
My background is in marketing and business. I graduated from Lehigh University with a B.S. in Business and Economics and from George Washington University with an M.B.A., with an emphasis in marketing. I began working in the early childhood education field in 1996 teaching mother's day out and preschool classes. I became the Director of St. Francis Crèche in 2002. The early childhood education field is continually changing and there is always something to learn, so we make a point of continuing our education with conferences, workshops and on-line courses and webinars often!
What makes us special?
- Experienced, nurturing, creative and enthusiastic teachers
- Beautiful facility complete with an indoor romp around area, an Outdoor Classroom, a playground and a lovely, peaceful chapel
- Focus on connecting children to the natural world especially through our Outdoor Classroom
- Weekly chapel for all children led by our clergy on Wednesdays and Ms. Ruppe on Tuesdays
- Integrated curriculum using Handwriting without Tears and the Get Set for School program
- School-wide Christmas program, Christmas party and end-of-year picnic
- Crèche Parent Organization which organizes family social events such as the Krop's Crops bonfire evening, educational speakers and school-wide outreach opportunities