December 20, 2018
Francisco-fact: What celebrations is St. Francis offering for the season of Christmas?
This time of year, is filled with ways to celebrate Christmas, publicly and religiously right here at St. Francis Episcopal Church. Here is the line-up:
- Saturday, December 22 from 8:00 am to 11:00 am: Greening of the Church. A hearty fellowship moment without ceremony but with lots of friendship.
- Sunday, December 23 @ 8:00 am and 10:00 am: This is Blessed Virgin Mary Sunday with the story of her visitation from the Angel Gabriel, the Magnificat, and other affirmations of Mary's yes to God. Tracey Kelly preaching.
- Monday, December 24 @ 8:00 am: Morning Prayer. A quite reflective service of the last day of Advent before the celebrations begin.
- Monday, December 24 @ 3:00 pm: Pick-up Pageant with Eucharist, with our most Enthusiastic participants and all the Christmas Carols you hunger for. Great for families with Children of all ages.
- Monday, December 24 @ 5:00 pm, with Prelude beginning @ 4:45 pm: Choral Festival Eucharist with Intergenerational Choir. Our largest service of the year, so get here early.
- Monday, December 24 @ 8:00 pm, with Prelude beginning @ 7:45 pm: Choral Festival Eucharist with the St. Francis Choir, Harp, and Trumpets.
- Monday, December 24 @ 11:00 pm, with Prelude beginning @ 10:45 pm: Choral Festival Eucharist with the St. Francis Choir, Harp, and Trumpets.
- Tuesday, December 25 @ 11:00 am: Holy Eucharist, Rite 2 @ 11:00 am. Celebrating the Feast of the Nativity on the traditional day of its establishment.
- Sunday, December 30 @ 8:00 am and 10:00 am: Holy Eucharist with Carols and the Gospel of John's traditional reading of the Logos Hymn—In the beginning was the Word. . . Sermon by a long-time friend of the church The Rev. Bill Myers.
- Sunday, January 6 @ 8:00 am and 10:00: The Feast of the Epiphany (or the Feast of the Magi). The traditional end of Christmas celebrations with the story of the Kings visiting the Holy Family in Bethlehem.
Plenty of opportunities to celebrate and connect. See you at St. Francis!