From the Director:
Welcome to the St. Francis Crèche community! We have an extraordinary preschool. I am so proud to be the Director of St. Francis Crèche. We give tons of love and nurturing to young students and they in turn, give us tremendous joy! I have certainly been blessed to have the privilege of spending each working day with wonderful, young children. We see young children as extremely capable individuals and strive to create classroom environments that are sensitive and nurturing to their changing needs. Our goal is to inspire a love of lifetime learning and provide activities where children gain self-confidence and a strong sense of self.
My background is in marketing and business. I graduated from Lehigh University with a B.S. in Business and Economics and from George Washington University with an M.B.A., with an emphasis in marketing. I began working in the early childhood education field in 1996 teaching Mother's day out and preschool classes. I became the Director of St. Francis Crèche in 2002. The early childhood education field is continually changing and there is always something to learn, so we make a point of continuing our education with regularly professional development opportunities.
What makes us special?
- Experienced, nurturing, creative and enthusiastic teachers
- Beautiful facility with an indoor romp around area, an Outdoor Classroom, a playground and a lovely, peaceful chapel
- Focus on connecting children to the natural world especially through our Outdoor Classroom
- Spanish offered in our 4 1/2 - 5-year old class. German offered for 2 - 4-year olds
- Weekly creative artt classes and projects
- Weekly chapel for all students led by our clergy on Wednesdays and Mrs. Ruppe on Tuesdays
- Integrated curriculum using Handwriting without Tears, the Get Set for School program and HighScope Curriculum
- School-wide Christmas program, Christmas party and end-of-year picnic
- Crèche Parent Organization which organizes family social events such as the Krop's Crops farm visit, educational speakers and school-wide outreach opportunities
- Laughter - see photo below!