Second Story transforms the lives of children, youth and their families by providing safe havens and opportunities for them to grow and thrive. Our programs provide support at critical turning points in their lives.
Back to School Fair
Connecting with Second Story
Current Second Story Drive
School Supplies Needed
Loss of hourly wage jobs due to the Covid pandemic has impacted a large number of the many families served by Second Story’s community programs. These families struggled to afford school supplies in the best of times, and in recent years St. Francis parishioners have generously donated school supplies for Second Story to distribute. Our donations are even more crucial now, so children and youth will have the school supplies they need to keep up with their schooling during virtual learning and when they return to school.
Please consider helping Second Story collect supplies for the more than 500 children and youth in their programs.
There are several ways you can participate:
1. Order items from the list below and have the supplies sent directly to: Second Story, 2100 Gallows Rd., Vienna, VA 22182.
2. Take your donations to the address above and text (do not call) Christine Bartell at 703-217-5205 to let her know you are on your way. The staff inside will watch for your donations as they arrive and will bring them inside the facility.
3. Send a check to St. Francis, and be sure to write “Second Story” on the memo line.
4. Use this PayPal-Donate Now button
- School Supplies List
- Lined paper
- Spiral or composition notebooks
- Pens and pencils
- Pencil pouches/holders
- Crayons, scissors, and glue sticks
- Backpacks – all sizes
All cash donations made with a check or through PayPal will be used to purchase items on the Second Story list.
For questions, please contact Ginger Roll at firstname.lastname@example.org
The drive will end on Sunday, August 23.