Second Story serves many families in need through its Community Based Programs. Due to the pandemic, these families have been struggling more than ever. For a number of years, generous St. Francis parishioners and Creche families have helped Second Story ensure their needy families have a Thanksgiving meal. There are several ways you can participate this year:
* Send a check to St. Francis Church for a $50 grocery gift card. Please write “Food Drive” on the memo line.
* Click on PayPal-Donate Now to donate $50 for a grocery gift card. Select Outreach from the Optional drop-down list, and put “Food Drive” in the memo.
* Assemble a food “basket” including all of the following items on the list below to serve six people:
- Safeway or Giant gift card for $20 to purchase a turkey or other meat and milk
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cooking oil
- 4 cans of vegetables (2 types)
- Dry black beans
- Maseca brand corn masa flour (carried by Safeway and Giant)
- 2 cans of fruit
- Box of dessert mix
Please put grocery gift cards in an envelope marked “Food Drive” and put them in the offering plate or send/give them to the church office. “Food baskets” should be put in the bins across from Millen Hall.
Drive ends Wednesday, November 10. For more information, please contact Ginger Roll at email@example.com