Drive ends Sunday November 15
Second Story serves many needy families through its Community-Based Programs, and these families are challenged now more than ever in providing food for their children. In addition to its teen shelter for youth in crisis, Second Story serves hundreds of children, teens and families through its programs. Many of the families it serves struggle in normal times to provide for their families. Now, due to the pandemic, many have lost their income from hourly jobs and their need is even greater. During this Thanksgiving season, you can provide a nutritious Thanksgiving meal for a family in need. There are three ways to help:
- Click on PayPal-Donate Now to donate $50 for a grocery gift card. Select Outreach from the Optional drop-down list.
- Send a check to St. Francis Church for a $50 grocery gift card. Please write “Food Drive” on the memo line.
- Assemble a food “basket” to serve six people – including all of the items on the list below. Deliver the food in a bag, box, or basket to the Second Story Teen Shelter, 2100 Gallows Rd., Vienna, VA. Baskets can be delivered Monday – Thursday between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm.
Thanksgiving Basket Food List
- Safeway or Giant gift card for $20 to purchase turkey or other meat and milk
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cooking oil
- 4 cans of vegetables (2 types)
- Dry black beans
- Maseca brand or generic corn masa flour
- 2 cans of fruit
- Box of dessert mix