Drive ends Monday November 14
Second Story (formerly Alternative House) is celebrating its 50th anniversary of helping local youth and their families. Please help Second Story provide a nutritious Thanksgiving meal to the many needy families in its Community Based Programs. These families face significant challenges in feeding their children, made especially worse lately due to food inflation.
There are three ways you can participate:
- Send a $50 check to St. Francis Church to purchase food and a grocery gift card. Please write “Food Drive” on the memo line.
- Use PayPal-Donate Now to donate $50 for a grocery gift card. Select Outreach from the Optional drop-down list, and put “Food Drive” in the memo field when contributing.
- Assemble a food “basket” to serve six people – including all of the items on the list below. Please put the grocery gift card in an envelope marked “Food Drive” and put it in the offering plate or send/give it to the church office. Food Baskets should be put in the bins insside Millen Hall.
Thanksgiving Basket Food List
- Safeway or Giant gift card for $20 to purchase turkey or other meat and milk
- Macaroni and cheese kit
- Cooking oil
- 4 cans of vegetables (2 types)
- Dried black beans
- Maseca brand or generic corn flour (masa)
- 2 cans of fruit
- Box of dessert mix